Monday, September 26, 2011

What Two Feels Like

Just a quick post.  I still have to iron and grade and somehow it is already 8:06. Wait a sec.....  Okay, I got the iron turned on so that it can warm up whilst I write.

The cable was shut off today.  Thank goodness, I say.  I have things to do and those America's Next Top Model marathons were dragging the life out of me.  I panicked for about 10 seconds, but I then I turned on an episode of the Daily Show on my Roku box and ate some chili from yesterday and figured I'd be alllllright.  The good news, the show is right where I left it.  Oh snap.

And Sweet Sam turned TWO this weekend...

He's the bestest, and we had a lot of fun watching him run around, play, giggle and open presents.  Turns out, my gift of the Sesame Street Peek-a-boo House of Fun was his favorite.  Sam likes to hit buttons that do things, and that little toy is a goldmine of button pushing fun.  I win.  Not that it was a competition, but I like to think of myself informally as "Best Auntie Ever". 

When I was two, my dad took me to Utah and canyonlands in the old Volkswagen bus.  When you're two, you don't really have dream vacations, but I can tell you that Utah wasn't really on my radar back then.  I remember bits and pieces of the trip; riding around on the back of my dad's bicycle, eating ramen noodles and cheerios like they were goin out of style, climbing over big trees and stopping for swingsets (I loved a good swingset).  Being two is when life is easiest, I think.  Your basic needs are met, you run and play and laugh and jump, and you feel like a genius if you learn how to say "more cookies, please".  
My terrible twos involved some vandalism.
Happy Birthday, Sammie!  I love watching you grow up!





1 comment:

Jen said...

Aww, you are FORMALLY his best auntie!!! We loved having you there! Sam is still in love with his sesame street peekaboo!