Saturday, February 11, 2012

Let Love Rule

Mmmyeah, remember how I said I'm gonna live in the last post?  Well, I think it is happening.  Life is happening and I am in the thick of it.  First of all, I won two tickets on the radio to see Lenny Kravitz from the 2nd row.  I touched Lenny.  I shook his hand.  He dripped a wee bit of Lenny sweat on me.  For reals.
It started as a fairly innocuous week.  I mean, I'm behind on grading and I started some new units with my students, but other than that, it's been about getting back into a routine.  And then, I called KBCO and I actually got through and I guessed the correct Lenny Kravitz songs and I won.  And then I had to go to school and tell all my students.
Most of them didn't know who Lenny Kravitz was... they do now. 
It was amazing.  He rocked the older songs, he killed the new songs, he crowd surfed to a group of women who were my mom's age and then told the crowd he liked "vintage" ladies.  He charmed us all. 
And for two hours, we were present with him.  It was a moment extended.  It was real and vivid and FIERCE. 
So what do I take away?  Other than a teeshirt, a used guitar pick, and much happiness, I take away the feeling that anything is possible.  I have no idea what may come my way tomorrow, but I HOPE it is something good, and if it isn't then try for the next day.  The truth is that we need so little, everything else is a gift.
Thank you, Lenny.  I loved it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG Awesome. I not only HOPE for something good, I know that GOOD is coming your way. It will better than you can imagine. I know it. Love,
Mom