Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Roses on Wednesday

SOMEONE got roses today. Okay, I got roses today from my dear friend Heather and her new baby son, Jedidiah whose yawn is only surpassed by his sneeze in cuteness.

Have to share a few things...

1) My friend Kara's Blog. It is fabulous. She is speaking truth and love and wisdom.
2) Am I really supposed to be a teacher?
3) I love teaching Thoreau, but fear that my life is so anti-Thoreau that I am never going to learn the real lessons of simplicity unless I live in a convent in Switzerland. Or Scotland.
4) Jane Fonda is fabulous.
5) I hate grading papers.
6) It is fall...
7) Kelle Hampton's blog made me cry this last weekend. I mean it made me go into the ugly cry. Why is it so hard to be kind to ourselves? What I have learned about life is that the most important relationship I have is with myself. I have to be kinder to myself and that also means letting go of the things I can't control. It's a hard life, why make it harder by beating ourselves up?
8) Laugh at something today. Laughter is the best medicine. Really. Here is something to laugh at.

5 comments:

karanoel said...

Thank you Sarah... for who you are, beautiful and real. So grateful for your honesty and your friendship. Today's conversation was my highlight of the day. Thanks for reading my blog and for sharing it. And thank you for sharing Kelle Hampton's. I've been up since 3:30 or so and have spent the whole time looking at her pictures and reading her stories. Love you.

Unknown said...

Hi Sarah,

I don't know if you remember me. I was in your English class my freshman year. April Berry.. now recently Rust. Heard Anne and you have become friends. Thought I'd say hi. Hi. Hope all is well. I still have memories from your class that come up in everyday life.

April

Sarah said...

Hellooooo, April! I do remember you, that first year at Niwot is kind of a blur, but yes, I remember you :-) I think I still have a paper somewhere around here with your name on it :-) Congratulations on your marriage! So good to hear from you.

anne taylor said...

Sarah, your blog is so fun! And thanks for pointing me towards Kelle's blog. I loved that post, too. So moving.

Unknown said...

I love your picture of Fall. Absolutely love it : ) I saw your comment above mine at Enjoying the Small things today and I came over to say hi. So glad that I did. How wonderful to meet you : ) Wishing you a happy week of teaching. Thank goodness you have one more day of weekend deliciousness to enjoy!