Sunday, August 8, 2010

pearls of wisdom

Here are a few little sayings that I have acquired over the years. Some are from my mom, others are from bumper stickers I've seen in Wyoming.

  • If there's nothing you can do about it, then it isn't about you right now.
  • Resenting someone is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.
  • Be kind, everyone you meet is involved in a difficult struggle.
  • Success is the best revenge, (murder is a close second).
  • Don't take the stories that you write in your head for truth.
  • Everybody poops.
  • Guilt is not from God.
  • No one can make you feel inferior without your permission.
What are some of bumper sticker worthy phrases you've heard and remembered?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go slow to go fast. Mom

Emma Dell said...

Mean people are mean.
Haha, that's from House Bunny.

I love the quote from Prince of Persia though (I know, movies, movies, movies...) that says "A great man who would have stopped what he knew to be wrong, no matter who was ordering it."

Or the one from Troy that says "You're still my enemy tonight. But even enemies can show respect." They're not exactly bumper sticker quotes, but they're good. I feel like respect is something that is really underappreciated in today's day and age.