Monday, April 27, 2009

Summah summah summah tiiiime


I am starting to think about what I want to do this summer. The list is growing; trips to the west coast, conferences, prep for a new class, etc. etc. What about the fun things like writing and producing my first album or watching every Katherine Hepburn movie? I think summer should be a balance of play and work. I will have work this summer, that is just a fact, but I think I can also set my mind to more fun goals. My worry, however, is that I won't have the drive and volition to meet these goals if I don't have a daily schedule. I always want to do so much but then end up sitting outside reading a pile of cheesy books.

What are you going to do this summer? What is on your list? How will you make time to get it done? This may be moot for those of you with jobs this summer, and if this blog entry causes you pain, I am so sorry. But I want to know how to make three (actually 2 and a half) months stretch into a summer to remember.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep, that caused some definite pain. Good thing I'll be working allll summer at a clinic!

(rebecca)

(but I AM happy for you and wish you the best with your free summer!)