Thursday, July 5, 2012

seize the moment

Do you seize the moment often?
This whole year has been about seizing moments and breaking out of my sad turtle shell... okay, I don't have a sad turtle shell, but I can be a little reclusive sometimes.  So lately I've been trying to say "YES, I WILL DO THAT!" more often than I say "No, I have to go buy stamps."  There's just something scary about not having an anticipation guide for life.  And I am sadly not one of those spontaneous, awesome people who buy stamps as needed.  But I've been trying to change that.  So when my friend Shannon called me the other day and said, "I have two free tickets to see Foster the People at Red Rocks tonight, wanna go?" I said, "um, yes."
Pretty
Foster the People... a little blurry... a little far away









So we went, we had a fabulous time and I was glad that I said YES to something I otherwise might have missed.  Now I don't want to be a perpetual YES person, but I think I overrule potential awesomeness with my overthinking.  Have I missed moments that could have changed my life?  Yes.  Is that okay?  Yes.  Have I done really awesome spontaneous things?  Yes.  Did I regret those moments?  No.  I think it is good to have a balance between the yes and no poles of decision making.  The trick is to own your decision and not beat yourself up either way.  And when you own a decision, really go for it with gusto.  Be present in the moment and appreciate it just for what it is.  Carry on.  
My cousin and her friend chillin out at the lake on the 4th

No comments: