Saturday, April 9, 2011

April Rain Song (2/2)

So in this post I will try to be less cranky. I am trying to shift out of the rut that I get stuck in, and I've found that comes with discipline and practice, not just wishing it away.

This is the calendar post for April. It's a pretty nice message to have when I am feeling really crappy. I've been thinking about what I will say at graduation and this seems like it would be a good part of the message.

Also, I made this with my Aunt's old political buttons and other buttons I had... I felt like sharing my craftiness.


And April is National Poetry Month, so here is another April poem for you.

April Rain Song

Let the rain kiss you
Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops
Let the rain sing you a lullaby
The rain makes still pools on the sidewalk
The rain makes running pools in the gutter
The rain plays a little sleep song on our roof at night
And I love the rain.

Langston Hughes

No matter how crappy I feel and how down I get, I know that the shift does come. Sometimes it comes when I least expect it, but I try to surf the wave for as long as I can.

1 comment:

karanoel said...

Love the poem. Love the craftiness. Love that you are choosing to move forward despite emotions and ruts that want to hold you in mucky old patterns. Let the Lord kiss you. Let the Lord beat upon your head with silver liquid drops. Let the Lord sing you a lullaby. And the Lord loves Sarah.